Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

No pictures today!
Just wanted to write about my valentines day and brag on Cory for a minute.
(We both were going to be busy on valentines day so we had to celebrate it early.)
I use to think that a great present involved lots of expensive things, flowers, going out to eat, spa treatments, going away for the weekend. Don't get me wrong all of that is great and I love it (so Cory if you are reading this, do not count those things out in the future for other occasions!!! )But tonight I got the greatest gift ever - his TIME!
He has been telling me that the plans were all a surprise for a week now so I was in suspense!
He got a babysitter and set up the living room and we watched a movie together( fireproof - good movie - not hollywood actors but good movie and great message)It was a great christian movie but more than that I just enjoyed spending quality, uninterrupted, TIME with him.
He also got us a book that encourages couples to keep learning and trusting God on how to love each other more. We don't know where God is gonna lead us in the future and sometimes that can be scary but we do know that we have gotta love each other more than ever and take the TIME to pray over and strengthen our marriage so that He can use us as a family.
We get so busy sometimes that sitting down for a long period of time,together,without being ridiculously tired can be hard to come by, so tonight was special and I wanted to share it with you.
What a guy huh? I think so.
I prayed for years over my husband before I met him and I could have never imagined anyone any greater than Cory!
It was the best valentines day yet!!
(okay I am through gushing now! )
I hope that you all have a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment