Friday, December 12, 2008

BIG hugs!

I am sitting here watching my sweet baby sleep and thanking God for blessing me with him!
( Umm, I am talking about Cade not Cory even though I love him too!)
Cade and I have had a rough day and a half because he has been so sick but tonight before I put him to bed he gave me the best hug!

Sidenote: We have been working with him on giving hugs and until tonight they have been kind of random and lacking any real emotion!

OKay, back to the story.....And not just one of those little hugs but a BIG, two arms wrapped around your neck, I love you hug! And in that moment, my heart melted and all of the tears and frustration from the previous 24 hours went away! ( I guess that means later in life I am in big trouble, like if he does something wrong and then follows it up with an I'm sorry mommy and one of those hugs!!!)
I could have never guessed that I could love someone so much.
I think I am learning a little bit about unconditional love and it makes me think how much more God loves us and that blows my mind!!

I remember the day that we were coming home from the hospital with Cade after he was born, I was crying and nervous and wanting to throw up because I didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't sure that I knew how to take care of this little baby! Now,I can't belive that we have made it a whole year and I have only had to call posion control once! Okay twice, but I still say the second stink bug doesn't count!! ( Yes, for those of you who have not heard the story, my son loves to eat stink bugs!!!!! )
Anyway all those nerves are still there every now and then but in those moments like tonight when he just wants his mommy because he doesn't feel good, those nerves melt away! And I thank God for blessing me with an amazing husband and a precious baby who gives the best hugs, especially those BIG hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including us on your distribution list. We look forward to staying up to date on you guys. This blogging thing is pretty neat...though Glo and I had a little trouble figuring out how to post a comment. I suppose there is a way we can change our name when we respond to your blog, but I'm not sure how...so Poppa and GloGlo will have to do. We look forward to seeing you over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete